Stakeholders’ workshops are at the core of the conference. Each workshop lasts 1 hour.
Workshop organisers design and manage their own workshop.
At EMD 2022 in Ravenna we hosted 24 high-quality workshops (6 slots with 4 workshops running in parallel). All the workshops took place in a physical format, with speakers and moderators in the venue. In parallel, all the workshops were web-streamed via Zoom, offering the opportunity to remote attendees to participate actively.
The themes of workshops
- Decarbonisation & climate neutrality
- Zero pollution
- Circular economy and preventing waste
- Biodiversity, ecosystem preservation and restoration
- Responsible food systems
- Ocean knowledge, research and innovation
- Blue skills and jobs
- Maritime spatial planning
- Citizens engagement and ocean literacy
- Sea basins, regional cooperation and smart specialisation
- Maritime security
- Coastal resilience