European Maritime Day (EMD) Conference and Expo, the annual two-day event during which Europe’s maritime community meet to network, discuss and forge joint action on maritime affairs and sustainable blue economy will take place this year in Cork, Ireland (14 & 15 May 2020).
EMD 2020 is organised jointly by the European Commission, the City of Cork and together with the Our Ocean Wealth Summit, Ireland’s annual event for the maritime sector will be held back-to-back with ‘SeaFest’, Ireland’s largest free family-friendly maritime celebration.
European Maritime Day 2020 is going to feature:
- an opening session on the theme “The Green Deal and European Maritime Policy towards 2050” with European Commissioner for the Environment, Oceans and Fisheries Virginijus Sinkevičius.
- 5 EU policy sessions focusing on strategic EU policy initiatives to support Europe’s Sustainable Blue Economy and Green Deal
- 20 thematic workshops organised by maritime stakeholders.
European Maritime Day EXPO
Rent a stand during the two-day conference to showcase innovative ideas, products and services related to the themes of the conference. See the types of stand and the pricelist and apply for your stand on Cork city website (35 stands available). Deadline for applications: 15 March 2020.
The European Maritime Day conference is an ideal opportunity for blue economy professionals to connect. A dedicated app will enable participants to check profiles online and organise B2B meetings.
This feature will be available later in March.
Venue: Cork City Hall.
The language of the conference is English.
* Registration is necessary for all the participants at EMD.
- Publication date
- 12 February 2020
- Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries